Monday, February 23, 2009

Bookmooch Sucks Even More

Ok, so maybe this was the work of one particularly incompetent administrator, thought I. Why not try to go straight to the top and see if I can contact the founder of the site.

So according to the Wikipedia article on Bookmooch, the site is run by John Buckman.

The bottom link on this page states that emails go straight to John. So I click it, send the email here, and guess who responds? You guessed it! Our old friend. i.e. Not John Buckman.

My email text:

John,

Are you personally responsible for all the emails that come from [the email address that had been giving me trouble]?

I had my account shut down, no one will tell me why, and I just wanted to
make sure you were aware of the rather negative experience I've had with
Bookmooch.

Thanks.
JK

PS - I'm also a legitimate user who just wants to give some books away.


Them:

Hello Josh,
You seem not to be understanding the finality of our previous communications,
That you continue to send e-mails is entirely up to you of course.
But you are correct, we have yet to fully develop the site to the point where we can instantly deal with the hundreds of new account applications made each day from many dozens of countries, we will likely be able to do so a bit quicker as the site evolves.
We cannot and will not reveal security information no matter how many times it is demanded of us.
And Mr. Buckman does not deal with individual account issues. There are far too many accounts for him to do so.

1 comment: